Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Florida Baby Shower

On Saturday, July 21 my sister, Kailey, and I set out to run some errands.  We were enjoying spending so much girl time that I even allowed Nick to go to the Keys for a weekend of fishing.  He didn't get off easy by any means.  He had already been out of town for work that week and had barely spent any time with my sister and niece since they arrived, but we allowed him to go.  We headed off to Target and then Macy's in search of nursing tops and bras.  Sounds exciting, right?  Well, around 4:30 Amber (one of my closest friends) called to ask if I could run to her house and fax her some paperwork since she was in the Keys with Nick and her family.  Since the shopping wasn't that exciting we decided to head over there around 5pm.  When I got to her house I looked for her key and then tried calling her...no one answered.  I opened the door and saw Amber poke her head around the corner holding her cell phone.  Then I saw Nick coming out of the garage, still having no clue what was happening.  I even remember asking Amber why are you here and why aren't you answering your phone?!  It was then that I saw all of Nick and I's friends in Amber's living room for a surprise baby shower!!!!  I couldn't have been more shocked or surprised!    Nick and I are so thankful for our wonderful friends and family we have in South Florida and I am so grateful that my sister and niece were able to be a part of such a special surprise!  That being said when you see the pictures please know that I was out running errands and not expecting to go to a party!





No comments:

Post a Comment