Tuesday, July 31, 2012

34 Weeks

Last Friday Nick and I went to see Dr. Brown-Graham.  She went over a few things with us about the next couple of visits an what we should expect.  She said my iron was still too low and wrote me a prescription for more iron.  She also encouraged me to see a urologist at the hospital after birth to see why there was increasing amounts of blood in my urine.  She didn't seem to be alarmed that it was anything serious, but she did make a note of it in my file so that I wouldn't forget.  We go back to the doctor this Friday to meet the nurse practitioner and then we start going once a week until the big day!

At our last Lamaze class Nick asked the teacher what we could do to turn Ava head down since at out last ultrasound she was in the breech position.  She gave us two exercises that were very uncomfortable, hurt my back, and included me lying on an ironing board for long periods of time.  Well, Dr. Brown-Graham turned on the lovely ultrasound machine just to please Nick when he asked her to check and you'll never guess what... Ava's head down and ready to go!  Now, Nick thinks he is practically a doctor!

We have one last Lamaze class Wednesday night and then Thursday night we have an appointment at Palm Beach Pediatrics to hopefully meet Ava's first doctor!  Only 3 more weeks until she is full term and six more weeks until her due date!  Nick and I cannot wait to meet her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment